Marlin Management Services Pty Ltd (“Marlin Brands” or the “Company”), a leading Australian wholesaler of semi-durable consumer brands with strong market positions, is pleased to announce it has been acquired by funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management, L.P. (“Oaktree”) and Alceon Group (“Alceon”).
Marlin Brands is a leading wholesaler of semi-durable consumer brands
- Marlin Brands has a portfolio of predominantly owned brands that are #1 or #2 in each of their respective segments, across the Homeware, Kitchenware, Giftware and Petrol & Convenience channels
- The Company serves more than 18,000 retailers throughout Australia and New Zealand, with over $260 million of revenue generated annually
- Key Marlin-owned brands include Décor and Willow, which have led innovation in Kitchen and Homewares over the last 60 and 100 years respectively
- Marlin continues to grow in new products, segments and channels such as its Rogue branded artificial plants and flowers, Amalfi, IS Gift, Walk’N’Talk range in the Petrol and Convenience channel, and over 2,600 SKUs listed on Amazon
Oaktree and Alceon are committed to invest and support the Company in continuing to innovate for its retail partners and delight consumers.
This partnership combines significant experience in branded wholesale and direct to consumer retail which will add value to the Company through:
- Oaktree and Alceon’s plans to continue enhancing the business’ digital and direct to consumer reach
- Optimising group logistics, warehousing and supply chain management, in which Oaktree and Alceon have significant execution experience
- Utilising the Company’s proven acquisition platform to grow in core segments with bolt on acquisitions that will further leverage the supply chain benefits from its current initiatives and accelerate digital and e-commerce adoption
- Continuing to grow Décor’s international operations, particularly increasing its penetration into the U.S. market
CEO of Marlin Brands, Greg Kerr said “Marlin Brands is a leading player in the gifting, homewares and convenience channels known for quality but affordable products in and around the home. We are excited about the next phase of growth under Oaktree and Alceon’s stewardship. Together our strategy is to accelerate Marlin Brands’ growth via supply chain transformation and cater to an omni-channel approach to ensure our consumers can be consistently delighted by Marlin’s products in Australia and increasingly internationally.”
Jeremy Kirk Antonino Blancato
Financial & Corporate Relations Financial & Corporate Relations
0466 871 520 02 8264 1009